The applications have been built on databases, namely:
- Personal database: where all the designs a designer has developed are automatically stored and can be managed independently.
- Company database: this is the official database where all the final designs are stored and which all designers can access through an easy and efficient search system.
- Calculating a new component may start from scratch or from a similar design chosen from the database integrated in the application, as well as from data taken from an existing, optimized design of the same rating.
- Cross-checks highlight any mismatched or missing data; there are also help texts alongside the various fields.
- In this phase, pre-calculations are carried out if necessary. A typical example would be a transformer with a symmetrical or an asymmetrical zig-zag connection. In this case, by entering the rating values and the resultant voltage, the program calculates the two branches of the zig-zag automatically: voltages, rating, and number of turns of each branch.
- "All inclusive" mechanical design upon each calculation request: this allows for quick optimization.
- On-the-spot recalculation in the event of changes as well as the chance of keeping different versions of the design
- By setting the initial options you can decide which data will be manually selected in order to obtain a complete design, even in the event of non-standard components.
- Digital database of all the sheets created with automatic choice of the appropriate folder.